01 January, 2017

Let me tell you about a thing

So, I recently got this little thing called a Spire

And basically, it's this little thing that you can wear on like the waistband of your pants or on the middle of your bra if you wear one of those and it like tracks your breathing patterns and will notify you if your breathing is tense so you can take steps to calm yourself down.

And I really don't remember how I heard about it, but I'm super glad that I found it and got one because it's really helped me to, like, chill out a bit.

So here's the general gist:
You wear it and it gets used to how you breathe normally and when you're breathing slowly or fast or other things, it will either let you know or just log it in your profile (like, I don't get notifications for when my breathing has been calm for a while because I feel like it would disrupt the calm-ness, you feel?).

And it looks like a little stone with a clip on the back, but it's a bit softer than a stone would be (for obvious reasons).

And it's great.

Anyway. I got it as part of my journey to like be more mindful and like heal myself from the inside and I think it's really helped me so far.

Also, it's got like scientific and psychological research to back it up.

Good things:
--Since I started wearing it, I've become more conscious of my breathing when it gets tense, and I find that usually I get the tense notifications just after I've noticed my breathing was tenser and taken a deep breath to like calm down.
--It notifies you when you've been sitting still for a long time to remind you to get up and move
--It congratulates you after you've had a period of being active (you set the length of time you have to be active for to get notified)
--It notifies you when you've been focused for a while (based on your breathing; I don't think this one is as reliable as the tense notifications are)
--It's really easy to wear and forget and it'll monitor your breathing as long as you're wearing it
--You get weekly updates about your breathing and it offers comparison for the average for your age/sex group for that week as well as the baseline average for your group

Bad things:
--The notifications can be distracting at times.
--Sometimes I've been tense for a long time and it just keeps telling me I'm tense which kind of stresses me out more

So, overall, it's been a pretty good thing for me. I encourage anyone who is interested in seeing what it's like to consider it. There's more information here.

And if you think it sounds like something you want to get for yourself, you can save $10 if you go through my referral link (click here). [also, full disclosure, if 3 people go through my link, I will be reimbursed for my purchase, but that's not why I'm sharing it with you--it's about the way that it can help you--also I don't believe that 3 people would read this enough to actually go get one anyway so that's a thing too]

Long story short, I would recommend this and you can save $10 if you go through this link and if you're on a journey of mindfulness like me, then you might benefit from it as well.

xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment