17 October, 2016

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday, y'all!

I've decided that doing weekly #mancrushmonday and #womancrushwednesday isn't going to happen because I would have to do a better job of keeping up with what's happening in pop culture and the news and stuff, so those are going to be more of an occasional thing when it's relevant.

Like, seriously, I was so at a loss for whom to feature today that I actually considered featuring Sancho Panza from Don Quixote. I mean, he's a pretty great character. He sticks around for Don Quixote and takes him seriously and loves him even when he's doing super ridiculous stuff and some of that stuff leads to injury for Sancho. Like, what a guy! (insert heart-eyes emoji) And Sancho is the only person who is like actually looking out for Don Quixote and not mocking him relentlessly. Sure, sometimes he does things that are mildly unkind (like tricking DQ into believing his lady-love Dulcinea has been enchanted to look like a peasant girl instead of going to try and find her) but it's usually for a good purpose (Dulcinea may be a figment of DQ's imagination and Sancho certainly doesn't know where to find her, but he can lead DQ to happiness in believing that she favors him. Really, he's just such a bro.

But I feel like it's weird to feature a fictional character that is hundreds of years old as my #mancrushmonday. (Although that didn't stop me from going on a paragraph-long rant about how awesome Sancho Panza is)

So I think I'll just do the #mancrushmonday and #womancrushwednesday when there is someone I really feel should be featured.

Anyway. Moving on.

My day so far has been weirdly productive but also unproductive. Like I exercised and showered and I'm running some laundry, but also that took me until noon so eehh?

And I still have to read my 30 pages in Don Quixote and I really need to work on getting my stuff out of the spare bedroom and into my own. So I still have a lot to do. It's just a weird feeling to feel like you've done a lot, but still have a lot to do. So I'm going to go do those things now instead of writing about it.

xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment