15 October, 2016

Happy Self-Care Saturday!

Good morning!

Happy #SelfCareSaturday!

I hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start! I got mine started off with a nice hour run/walk outside using CharityMiles to raise money for Girl Up!, an organization dedicated to empowering girls worldwide. Who says self-care can't also be helping others?

Anyway, other than that, today is looking like it'll be a pretty relaxing day for the most part. I mean, I have to go to the grocery store and get a few things, and I need to go pick up some cat litter and mouse food, but other than that, I will probably mostly be reading and getting cat snuggles.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I'm currently reading Don Quixote  by Miguel de Cervantes, translated to English by Edith Grossman and it's going pretty well, but it's just such a long book that sometimes I get overwhelmed by reading it. My goal for today is to catch up on my scheduled reading, because I've fallen a few days behind (I think I've got Monday-today's pages to get through, so about 180 pages maybe, I'm trying to do an average of 30 pages per day this year to get through the 10,000-some pages in the 14 books I've selected to read throughout the year (though I've already surpassed the page goal and the total book count in books that I got sidetracked by)

I also plan to stop by the local library and try to get a library card. I'm not sure if I'll be able to, because my driver's license doesn't have my current address, and neither does my passport, so I have to locate some piece of mail I've received at the address in order to prove I'm residing in the city of Richmond. But hopefully if I can't get one today, I'll be able to get one within the next couple of weeks, because most of the rest of my books for 2016 are ones I don't have and will need to borrow from a library or else buy (I do have one of the books I planned to read this year on my bookshelf, so if not I can do that one next).

So yeah, that's about it for my plans today. I'm looking forward to a relaxing day off!

xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment