08 October, 2016

#selfcaresaturday

#SelfCareSaturday

How do you practice self-care?

Today, I started off by going to the gym for a little while. All I did was run on the treadmill for 30 minutes, but getting some exercise in always makes me feel like I'm taking good care of myself. And then, of course, I took a shower because being clean is another important aspect of self-care (at least for me it is).

Then I made an instagram post of my outfit(s) of the day, using this picture collage put together in Layout:

 Which I captioned with information about each part of my outfit of the day.
Part 1 (vertical image on the left) was my outfit for the gym!
Part 2 (top right) is what I changed to after my shower for lounging around the house
Parts 3 and 4 (the middle and bottom right) are my khaki pants and socks which I will be wearing to work this afternoon. #retaillife

At least I can wear cool Rosie the Riveter socks, and honestly, being able to wear just a plain red t-shirt to work (because I work at Target) is pretty nice!

And now my plan for the rest of the day includes:

Cuddling with my precious cat Lucy, also known as Lovebug Lucy



This is my collage of her (also from layout) that I made to celebrate her one-week adoptaversary last Friday.












Reading Don Quixote because I've gotten behind on my reading for pleasure

A phone interview for a job as a mathematics instructor at a local math center, because it would be cool to have a job where I actually use my major.

Working at Target (which doesn't sound like good self-care until you realize that 1. Target is a fantastic place and 2. if I don't work, I don't have money to pay for a gym membership or cat food or other things that promote self-care)

And then more reading and cat cuddles!
Another picture of Lovebug Lucy for your viewing pleasure
xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment