30 October, 2016

#OutInTheSunDay AND/OR #SundayRunDay

Happy Sunday!

If you couldn't tell from the title, I did a #SundayRunDay for my #OutintheSunday

Also, today was the Marine Corps Marathon in DC/Alexandria, VA so to anyone and everyone who went and did that: Rock. On. You're a star!

I, personally, did not run the Marine Corps Marathon, because my body is not ready for a marathon at this point. Maybe next time. Or maybe not. I'm still not sure marathons are something I'm interested enough in to dedicate the amount of time and effort it takes to train for one.

But I know one of my former professors did the MCM and she inspires me with her motivation and commitment to running, as well as her superior intellect in her field and just being a generally great person.

Instead of the marathon, today I ran 5.36 miles in an hour and 10 minutes (okay, I walked a little bit, but that's still on the high end for me for both distance and time when actually running in the real world--my indoor machine runs are generally much more mileage, though every machine I've been on makes me stop running and cool down at an hour). It was a beautiful day and I'm glad I got to spend some time outside in it instead of inside doing work and stuff the whole day.

That being said, since my run, I have done half of a puzzle (the puzzle is a van Gogh self portrait and very difficult because, you know, it's like half blue with blue speckles) and I've been reading some of Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. I'm trying to get caught up on my reading goal because I did not keep up this weekend. I'm only like a day behind now though (with yesterday's and today's pages to read).

So I'm gonna get back to that. Enjoy this image of the van Gogh self-portrait that I am trying to piece together from 400 little bits of speckly color.


xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment