20 October, 2016

#ThankfulThursday

#ThankfulThursday

The Women's Suffrage Movement

Today, I am thankful for all of the suffragists who fought for my right and every woman's right to vote.

The women's suffrage movement took place in the early 1900s and included many notable women, such as Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Clara Barton (my personal favorite woman of that time period--she even fought for women's rights AFTER rights for African-Americans which is like 10 for you, Clara Barton. You go, Clara Barton. More on her later, I'm sure.) as well as hundreds of women who didn't make it into the pages of our History books, like my friend Claire's great-great-grandmother (who I just recently learned about and got super excited).

I personally don't know enough about my lineage to know if someone was fighting for my right to vote 100 years ago, but I hope there was. Do you have a suffragist in your family tree? Let everyone (me) know in the comments if you do, I'd love to hear stories about actual people in the women's suffrage movement.

Anyway, with those thoughts down, I'm going to sign off, since I've got a busy day ahead of me!

xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment