12 October, 2016

#WomanCrushWednesday : Amy Poehler

#WomanCrushWednesday

Happy Wednesday, y'all!
So my original intention with doing #mancrushmonday and #womancrushwednesday was to feature people who were doing super great feminist things the week leading up to the blog post.
But I looked at the top news topics, and the only women in the top 20 this week were Kim Kardashian, who is cool and all but is in the news because she's suing someone for libel, and Hillary Clinton, who is also cool and will probably (hopefully) be our next President, but I didn't want to feature two politicians in one week and I also need to follow the election more closely and research more about her before I make my post on her (she's definitely on my #WCW list).

So, I'm going with Amy Poehler, one of my absolute favorite comedians/comediennes (bc the world seems to think that we need gendered terms for funny people, which I disagree with) and a super feminist.

This lady, right here.

Amy Poehler is a wonderful, hilarious, excellent person in many ways.
She first got onto the theatre scene doing improv in Chicago (Chicago is to improv as Hollywood is to (American) film as NYC is to musical theatre) as a member of improvOlympic and founding member of the Upright Citizens' Brigade, a group that is still improvising today in both Los Angeles and New York.

And since then she has done SO. MUCH.

She was a recurring cast member of Saturday Night Live for a while.

She starred in Parks and Recreation, which is one of my absolute favorite shows ever.

She has been in many films, such as Sisters with Tina Fey. (And she voiced Joy in Inside Out)

She has even written her own wonderful, hilarious, fantastic memoir called Yes, Please which I highly recommend to everyone and anyone.

Long story short: Amy Poehler is awesome and wonderful and she just won her first Emmy (after having been nominated nearly 20 times for acting, producing, and writing)

Sometimes I'm just overwhelmed about how much I love Amy Poehler.

xx,
Sienna
The Fierce Feminist

No comments:

Post a Comment